Data privacy is of high importance for Summit & Friends and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The Swedish company, Summit and Friends AB is an event and media organisation passionately dedicated to help organisations increase their maturity level of data utilization and innovation, by spreading their ideas, knowledge and experience.
Through our events, seminars, interviews and articles, we capture and present some of the most ground-breaking strategies, business cases, ideas and technologies around data management, analytics, data science, digitalization, and much more – presented by practitioners and experts from world leading organizations and technology providers. Through our media channels we are committed to delivering the knowledge shared with us to any person eager to learn more. To increase the value to our customers and provide a neutral learning place, we organise and execute educational and networking events of different kinds.
Sumit and Friends AB
Malmskillandsgatan 32, våning 6
111 51 Stockholm
Companies register: Bolagsverket/Swedish Companies Registration Office
Company registration number: 559054-4283
Authorised representative: Anastasia Lodhi
VAT registration number: VAT NO. SE559054428301
Who can access your data?
Summit and Friends AB company will only act as the personal data processor and processes personal data on behalf of the Swedish company. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services. You will find categories of third parties under every specific process below.
Summit and Friends AB is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any personal information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request. While processing your personal data, Summit and Friends AB and its affiliated entities respect your right to privacy and will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws, which include the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (“GDPR”). This document is designed to give a clear explanation of Summit and Friends AB‘s data processing practices. Please see below for further information.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to Summit and Friends AB site or would like to find out more about how we collect, store or use your personal data, please contact us by email email@example.com.
What is the legal ground for processing?
For every specific process of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
To whom is this policy addressed?
The Policy applies to the following categories of data subjects whose Personal Data is processed by us:
- Exhibitors and potential future exhibitors at our events (including, but not limited to, exhibitions, consumer and trade shows, conferences and congresses)
- Delegates and potential future delegates of the Events
- Subscribers, readers, advertisers and prospects of our websites, blogs, newsletters, and mobile event applications
- Press and public relations contacts and speakers
- Organisers and potential future organisers of Events
- Visitors of our digital platforms and persons who contact us for information
- Members of our community
- Sponsors, Co-hot Partners, suppliers, other stakeholders and any other parties in contact with us
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. Please contact our administration by firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with your personal data via email.
Right to portability:
Whenever Summit and Friends AB processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Summit and Friends AB at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with Summit and Friends AB, regardless of the payment method
- if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers
- your credit application has been rejected within the last three months
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Summit and Friends AB’s legitimate interest. Summit and Friends AB will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction in each marketing emails
- by sending email to Summit and Friends AB to email@example.com.
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that Summit and Friends AB restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if you object to a processing based Summit and Friends AB:s legitimate interest, Summit and Friends AB shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- if you have a claim that your personal data is incorrect, Summit and Friends AB must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
- if Summit and Friends AB no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
Right to complain with a supervisory authority:
If you consider Summit and Friends AB to process your personal data in an incorrect way, please contact our administration by firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website.